About Lisa and the Osteopathic Approach to Animal Rehabilitation
After several years as a professional dancer, Ms. Hoffmaster attended Russell Sage College for Physical Therapy. Owning her own therapy business and teaching Pilates eventually opened the door to a career in helping animals. Graduating from SUNY Canton with High Honors in Veterinary Technology prepared her for further expertise in Equine and Small Animal Osteopathy. Studying with Janek Vluggen at the Vluggen Institute helped her to attain a higher appreciation and the ability to find balance in health for all our kindred spirits.
Lisa has developed an extensive and remarkable background over the years. Her educational background is shown below.
- Bachelor of Arts - Fine Arts - Elmira College
- Master of Arts - Stage Movements - University of Minnesota
- Master of Fine Arts - Dance - California Institute of Arts
- Master of Fine Arts - Dance - University of Utah
- Bachelor of Science - Physical Therapy - Russell Sage College
- Pilates Certification - Trained with Romana Kryzanowska
- Associate in Science - Veterinary Technology - SUNY Canton
- Certification in Equine Osteopathy - Vluggen Inst.
- Certification in Small Animal Osteopathy - Vluggen Inst.
After a long career in helping humans, Lisa discovered the sheer joy and many special rewards that are realized from assisting animals with rehabilitation and physical therapy. In recent years she has facilitated the complete recovery and rehabilitation of many animals and has dedicated her life to "restoring our kindred spirits back to health."